Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Promises, promises


 These embroidered tote bags have been very popular at recent sales, so I had a major restock recently. I do enjoy hunting for the slogans, and then chosing colourways and the style of the bag.  This one will be familiar to JK Rowling fans and often raises a smile at sales:
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

I love the layout of the embroidery.  The bag itself is relatively quick to make and certainly a straightforward style - it is made up of 4" squares, so good for using up those scraps of denim.  The effect of so many different shades of denim is lovely.  I have taken to including one square with a pocked on the reverse side, just for fun.

This post will appear at various link parties chosen from the following list:

A Round TuitSew Can DoHand made Monday
Sew ChattyMondays @ All Things Fee!

Sew ChattyCalling all Crafters
Make it yourself Monday





2 comments:

  1. Your bag looks great - and I love the slogan, I can imagine it will be very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slogan is great whether you read the Potter books or not!

    ReplyDelete