Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Pocket bag

I have an abundance of pockets at the moment, and have been using as many as possible!  They are very versatile.  Cut to 8" squares I can make bags with four patches on each side.  These can then be further adapted by changing trims and adding gussets.  This is the basic bag - it was one of the first bags I designed from denim and remains a favourite.  Following Saturday's course I have plans to do a new version which incorporates a zip!
This post will be shared at these link parties:




circle_header

Create and ShareMade by MeWe Made it Wednesday
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
A Creative PrincessWhatever goes WednesdayWIP Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. I love your pocket idea. I'll have to look for ways to use them. I think you aren't getting any comments because your picture is so dark. When you make the main part of your bag, do you piece the jeans? or do you use denim from the fabric store?

    I saw a bag like this once in which someone had taken an old worn out leather belt, and had attached it for the strap. It looked really cool. I don't know how you'd attach it, maybe take it to the shoe repair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete