Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Bookmarks

I'm not sure how I came up with the idea of making denim bookmarks.  It seems to work though!  I got the embroidery machine back from the repair shop last weekend and I have been running it almost constantly while I am in.  I have set it up to do four of the same design at a time, and then I have zig-zag stitched the edges on a normal sewing machine.  It seems to work well - at times the edges are not totally neat, but my feeling is that (a) it adds to the charm and (b) these are low cost items.
I'm preparing for sales at Wild Things at The Place theatre in Bedford, so animals / monsters / aliens feature somewhat!








This post will be shared at these link parties:
The Girl Creative
A Round TuitSew Can DoThe Girl Creative
Sew Happy Geek
Sew ChattyMondays @ All Things Fee!
Manic MondaySew ChattyCalling all Crafters
Ninth Street Notions
Inspire me MondayCraftomaniac MondayI MAde it Monday
Etcetorise

3 comments:

  1. Fun bookmarks. What a great idea to make them form old jeans and pull out the sewing machine and all the fancy embroidery... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bookmarks look great and would make special gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bookmarks! Thanks for sharing them at Inspire Me Monday!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete