Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Flower bags

I finished these off yesterday, though some had been completed before the Bromham show, and sold before I took photos of them!




These were easy bags to make.  I used strips of denim - for each bag I had three 2" strips, two 3" strips and one 6" strip.  First I sewed the 2" and 3" strips together, alternating the widths.  After pressing and trimming the ends (mine were all different lengths) I added half of the 6" strip to each short end of the joined piece.
I made straps, in my usual style, from 4" strips of denim, pressed in half and edges pressed to the middle, then pressed in half again and sewed.  I cut linings to match the size of each finished bag and sewed them to the short edges.  I folded the long strip in half then sewed down the long sides of the bag, leaving the short edge of the lining open for turning.
I can't give a tutorial for these flowers as the design is one I was given on a course, but there are plenty of similar ones online.
Satisfying bags, and good sellers too!

I'm sharing this post at these link parties:




TA Da TuesdayToo Cute TuesdayTutorial Tuesday
Creative Itch



Sew Cute TuesdayNifty Thrifty TuesdayLadybug Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Oh I like those! The flower is a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower on the bag! Very nice! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder they are good sellers, with the cute flowers and the striped design!!!

    ReplyDelete