Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

Love Bletchley day

This is my third annual visit to Love Bletchley - an event where anyone can come and try out having a market stall in the centre of Bletchley for a day.  There are special activities galore, with lots of fun for children as well as a huge range of stalls.  Rates for charities are very favourable, and the people of Bletchley are lovely. 

 This year I was in a similar area to previous years, but on the other side of the road.  I've been experimenting with different ways of organising my stock, and have been putting out several of a particular style.  I think this makes them more eye-catching.

Inspired by a series Chris Duffett is running at our Church, I also had free gifts on my stall this time, for the first time.  I gave away about 30 of my little denim hearts. Inside the pocket of each I put a printed out Bible verse.  They seemed to be appreciated.
 It was an enjoyable day; the brief rain showers had little effect and I made a pleasing amount of money.  Now i have a month or so to finish off yet more animals - particularly elephants!  They sell so well - which is great.  I will also be restocking the hearts, ready for Harpenden and Stony Stratford.

No comments:

Post a Comment