Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Hair slides

Another embroidery project, from a pattern bought online here.

This was quick to do and made entirely in the hoop.  I have to be honest and say I have not backed these - they are intended as a really cheap item at sales.  Now I am getting more experienced with them I may try backing another set if these sell well.  It will be interesting to see if they do.  The sticks are thin dowel - I think I might go for a slightly thicker version another time.

This post will be shared at the following link parties:

Serenity youPhotobucket
Photobucket
Serenity SaturdayPolkadot prettiesSaturday Sew and Tell 
Wildflowers and Whimsy

Sew Crafty Saturday
Strut your stuff Saturday
Once upon a weekend

2 comments:

  1. Great quick idea. I could also see the local high school/college initials (in their colors) as well that might sell. Thanks for giving me the idea! enJOYed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen denim bleached, then redyed such pretty colors. You could do a whole pair of jeans that way, cut them up and go from there. RIT dye goes a long long way. To add stiffness to the back super quick and easy you could get silicone caulk (clear) and slather a bit on the back and see if it would hold the C shape for the dowels. A lady I knew used to get cheap acrylic cocktail swizzle sticks that had cute tops (like pineapples, fish, etc) and cut/file the sticks at the bottom to a sharp point to use for same purpose as the dowels. She kept them a little on the longer length and said they also made excellent self defense weapons on the fly.
    These are so cute! They are sure to sell!

    ReplyDelete