Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Reversible bucket bag

These bags were adapted from Lisa Lam's pattern in The Bag Making Bible (possibly the best bag making book I own in terms of teaching techniques.) I had to adapt the pattern because jeans don't produce fabric big enough for one side, but I simply quartered the pattern and added seam allowances.  I've made (as seems to be becoming standard for me) five of these, but still have to complete the binding on one.  It's a great shape, and really does seem to work equally well either way round.
 All the outsides look like this - with some variation in denim colour and binding colour.  The insides are all different - I pride myself on never making two identical items!



I'm sharing this post at these link parties:

A Glimpse Inside

Seven Alive
Catch a glimpseThings I've Done ThursdayLink it Up Thursday
HookingupwithHoHStinkin Cute Thursday ButtonPhotobucket
Hookin up with HoHIt's Stinkin CuteMake it Wear it Thursday
I gotta create

2 comments:

  1. I think my sewy friend (who happily, only lives a few blocks away!) has that book - I'll have to borrow it and have a peek. It's great that you adapted the pattern to be able to use your denim in that first bag - upcycle FTW :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!
    Thanks so much for sharing them at the linky party at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete