Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Using embroidered jeans

I have been working my way through my scraps boxes over the last few days.  I tend to put the pieces that i can't quite figure out what to do with in there, along with the obvious oddments left over from cutting patterns.  While digging, I found a number of pieces of embroidered denim - and was finally struck with inspiration as to what to do with them.  I made a series of lined pencil cases or cosmetic cases.  As I try to include very low priced items for sales, so that children can afford to buy something and support the charity, I have been making pencil cases unlined.  But these embroidered jeans deserved something better.  I hope you agree that these were a good use of some wonderful fabrics:

I've linked these pencil cases at the following link parties:
TaDa Tuesday
Sew Cute Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Trash to Treasure


  1. Perfect use for the embroidered jeans!!! They look fabulous!!! The middle one is my favourite...

  2. Saw your link @ Creative Itch - those pencil cases are SERIOUSLY cute! I'm going to have to look for some embroidered jeans the next time I go thrift storing! My favourite one is the middle one as well :)

    I've just read your blog description - I love me a good upcycle and denim reuse project so I'll just have a peek around, if you don't mind :D

  3. I've seen a lot of great ideas!!! I'm a follower by now!


Due to spamming I have had to remove the ability to post anonymously. Sorry! I do read all comments and appreciate them hugely - except the spamming ones!