Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pocket pencil case

I'm on my way to making 20 of these - they are cut and pieced but I need the zips I have ordered to arrive!
If you want to make your own, you need:
One 12" zip
A pocket from children's jeans, cut to 6" square.
Two contrasting pieces of denim, each 6" x 4".
One piece of denim 12" x 6".

Sew the two contrast pieces to the sides of the pocket.
Sew the resulting piece to one side of the zip along the top.
Sew the other piece to the other side of the zip.
Open the zip and stitch all the way round the three remaining sides.
Clip the corners and turn right side out.

If you had more time than I do in my mass production mode you could easily line these, top stitch all seams, etc etc.  I'm going for quick and unashamedly cheap here - these pencil cases are designed to be affordable for children to buy.

I'll be sharing this project at the following link parties:

We Did it Wednesday
Create and Share
Made by Me

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You're going to have a lot of zipper sewing to do when that batch comes in - but to me, playing with zippers would be the start of a fun day, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet and I love the premise of your blog. Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete