Sunday, 1 June 2014

Button-flap bags

These were a made up design, though inspired by some I saw online.  I cut round the pockets, leaving a little more than a seam allowance, and then cut a flap piece which was slightly less wide than the pockets.  I cut the linings using these as a template, and simply stitched them up.  Having recently mastered the button hole tool on my new sewing machine, I rummaged through my collection of buttons till I found those which pleased me and matched the bags, and simply added them.  The strap is made from thick piping cord (which was too thick for the purpose I originally bought it for!) and the result is, I think, very pleasing.  I have since made further variations on the theme, which will appear here in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment