Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2016

All my bags are packed....

...and I'm almost ready to go, leaving on a jet plane!
The good news is that my case appears to be under the allowed weight.  Also good is that I can get a direct train to Gatwick airport tomorrow, where I will stay overnight ready to depart on Thursday morning.  I land early on Friday in Mombasa.
Not so good are all the last minute arrangements - including anti- malaria only picked up yesterday (it's OK - I don't need to start taking them till tomorrow!( - and realising I will run out of asthma meds while away (also OK - my GP surgery promosed to get a prescription ready for me to fill before I go).  The return flight from Mombasa to Nairobi is now booked, so Ronnie and I won't be looking at a long train or bus ride.  The safari is also booked and looks like it will be wonderful.  Today I feel a little nervous, but also very excited, and ready for the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment