Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Hippo almost final version

I think this may actually be hippo version 4 or 5, but it is the one I am most satisfied with.




I have tried out numerous patterns.  This one was one of the first, but I have played around a lot with enlarging it.  The original was much too small to sew in denim, and I found the legs really fiddly and unsatisfying.  So I have amended the size (this one is still on the large size - 125% made it quite a hefty size, but very cuddly) adapted the legs to make them wider, and added the inner leg as part of the inside body section (all that for those of you who are interested).  I'm please with the final result, though I may still play around with the enlargement to see if I can come up with the ideal size.  I do have one lone hippo who is large enough to be a seat for a small child... that was the first one, enlarged to 200%.  I don't intend to make any more of that size!  See my "mega Hippo" post for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment