Sunday, 2 November 2014

New drawstring bag

This pattern has been adapted from one I found in a magazine.
I took the shape from the pattern, but the dimensions were determined by the curtain samples I had to hand and wanted to use.  In the pattern the fabric came from jelly rolls.  I cut my strips to 2 1/2" as in the pattern, and used the full width of the curtain samples.  I ended up with 7 strips so cut 7 strips of denim to match and then pieced, keeping the curtain samples in the same orientation throughout.  I am pleased with the effect and they are quite different to any other bags I have made.

1 comment:

  1. Love the design, Caroline. Who would have thought it was made from curtain samples.

    ReplyDelete